With more than thirty years of experience, Michelle Dykstra is one of coastal San Diego’s top real estate agents. Whether you’re looking for a beachfront estate or a cottage to call your own, Michelle knows how stressful a move can be. With her inside knowledge of the market and the communities in coastal San Diego, Michelle takes the worry out of finding the perfect home to fit your needs. Originally from Marin County in Northern California, Michelle moved to San Diego in 1984 to attend San Diego State University. Having grown up in the real estate business, she held her first open house at age 14, and began her residential real estate career in 1988 in the La Jolla marketplace.
Michelle has lived in La Jolla since 1998, and is active in fundraising for local schools, on the Board of Directors for the La Jolla Women’s Club, active in the Bird Rock Community Council, a member of the San Diego Junior League, and an avid philanthropist.
Well-known in the community as the “Queen of Bird Rock,” Michelle has a strong client base of qualified buyers for the La Jolla area. With great pride she brings her decades of hard-earned experience to every successful real estate transaction. As a result of her work ethic, extensive experience, and market knowledge, she is consistently sought out by principals from all over as well as by out-of-area agents representing an assortment of buyers seeking properties in La Jolla.
Associations and Awards
- 2021 Gold Level Award Winner for the Recognition of Excellence presented by San Diego Association of Realtors
- 2021 REAL Trends ‘America’s Best’ list Honoree (Small Teams by Volume)
- President of Mission Bay Real Estate Associations 2016-2017
- Vice President of Mission Bay Real Estate Associations 2015-2016
- MBREA Award of Excellence 2019 – A recognition of distinction in the Real Estate community. Given each year to a Mission Bay Real Estate Association member who continually strives to promote a positive impression of all aspects of MBREA and the community. Recipients have proven to be dedicated, not only to their profession but also to cooperating with others and giving back to the community
- Ralph Knox Award 2017 – Presented by the La Jolla Real Estate Brokers’ Associations & Awards for salesmanship, personal integrity, cooperation with peers, and service to the community
- Board of Directors La Jolla Women’s Club 2010- Present
- Member of Junior League of San Diego 1989 – Present
- Member of Birdrock Community Council 1998 – Present
- Member of La Jolla Community Center 2015 – Present
- Board of Directors La Jolla United Methodist Church Nursery School 2010 – 2019
- Advisor of National League of Young Men (NLYM)
- Board Member of Teen Volunteer’s in Action (TVIA)
- Member of PFLAG San Diego County
- 2020 Gold Level Award Winner for the Recognition of Excellence presented by San Diego Association of Realtors
- SDAR & San Diego Union Tribune Recognition of Excellence Gold Award Winner 2020